Saturday, October 16, 2010

Favorites

Thanks Allie for the 'Favorites' tag. I'm actually going to do it! Here it goes.
1) Favorite Flower - Easy, peonies. I anxiously await their bloom every spring & dread when it is over. I can smell them just looking at this picture oh how I love them.
2) Favorite Color Combinations - I know this is lame but white and white. I have this vision of our next home being open, bright, airy and white (oh and there would be peonies around the front porch - which too would be white!) This is a great color for a home with children, right. Oh well, we all have dreams. And as I type this Jack is running around sniffing markers...
3.) Favorite Celebrity Couple - Tim McGraw & Faith Hill (I guess - they seem kind of normal)
4.) Your theme song - oh this is hard. Why are the first songs that come to my mind completely unacceptable answers: Ice Ice Baby, Baby Got Back, Jack & Diane.... John Ondrasik's 'World' may be considered 'theme worthy' He asks what kind of world do you wish for? I think what kind of life do you wish for seems a good question as well.
5.) Favorite 'I had a terrible day' food - a brownie sundae, Betty Crocker brownies, great big scoop of vanilla ice cream, with warm fudge drizzled on top mmm and a nice glass of red wine alongside makes this even better :)
6.) Lipstick or Lipgloss - lipgloss
7.) Favorite Magazine - It depends what kind of mood I'm in.
If I am having a 'I want to be inspired' type of day I have my dad to thank for hooking me on Inc.
If I'm having an 'I don't want to think about anything of importance' type of day I turn to US weekly. I have Tami T to thank for hooking me on this one!
8.) Favorite thing about Fall. Oh there are so many one of them. I think the return of soup season may be at the top of my list. Just made Zuppa Toscana this week mmm yummy! Here's 'my mom's recipe' (yes, I said MY mom's recipe she has turned into quite the cook over the past 10 years!) It is quite delicious:

3 comments:

  1. Love it!!! And I can picture Jack running around with markers right now! And I second the open airy home...probably b/c both of ours are the opposite right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute post, I 3rd the open, airy...and mine currently is not:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the brownies...when I was pregnant with Kreighton I ate a whole pan in one day! Yikes! and I love the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete