Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Tuesday with Jack & Lauren

If you would have asked me 3 years ago if I wanted to stay home with our kids I would have said, "no, I think I would be bored, I just don't think that's for me." Funny how life takes little twists and turns that we don't expect. And you end up in a place where you couldn't imagine not being, but may not have thought you would be in (if that makes sense!). Today if you ask me if I enjoy being home with my kids my answer is absolutely. Am I lucky? yes. Am I blessed? yes. Do I have to remind myself of this from time to time? yes. 

Yesterday was one of those days I had to remind myself. I decided to document a few of our moments from yesterday so I could look back today and laugh because yesterday they were ridiculous! It started out when we were getting ready to walk out the door and head to the gym. 

Really, lotion in Lauren's hair?
*note Jack in his timeout spot

While trying to clean their bedrooms I left them in the living room.... 
And came back to this

and this (yes it's lipgloss all over Lauren's face - not applied by herself
*note playing in Maddie's water  bowl - one of her favorite spots to play

But applied by her brother... who has an obsession with Lauren's baby dolls (I'm surprised they didn't get 'made up' too!)
 

 then there is always the toilet... as hard as I try to keep the door shut it always seems to get left open at some point during the day. Which means something gets thrown down it - like lids... and mom's make up. (i realize this is a pretty disgusting picture, but you know it's just part of the deal!)

Ahhh, "life is good!"

9 comments:

  1. Your kids crack me up!!! Jack looks so grown up with his big boy haircut, and so handsome! The girls are going to be flocking to him someday. Hope all is well. Miss you and love ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is funny looks like you might need to keep a better eye on your kiddos...jk! This morning Kyle was playing in the toilet and I am pretty sure he even drank some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL!!! I am counting to TEN for you!!
    Bet Maddie was glad she was outside?!?
    Did you get a "Calgon take me away" bath?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am laughing so hard!!! Hope Wednesday is going better for all three of you.
    Give those ANGELS a big hug and kiss from Auntie Janet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH!! Yes...How I remember those days with AJ and Abby....especially, always up to something:)
    Keep it up MOM it just gets better and more exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They crack me up! Love the lotion in the hair, way to go JackMan!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yeah, never forget "LIFE IS GOOD"!!! Love ya bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seems like just yesterday I had days like that with Holls & Blake and now look at them. Treasure every moment they'll be driving to school and looking at colleges before you know it! Love you! Charlie

    ReplyDelete