Friday, November 18, 2011

My grandma & a couple pics

Yesterday Lauren & I were busy making a special supper for Curt coming home - since he's been gone all week for work. She went to the drawer got out an apron and was ready to help. She pulled out grandma's apron, so I put it on her. As we were baking away and she was so into it I couldn't help but be brought back to memories of my childhood & baking with my grandma. I loved, loved, loved going to my grandma's house and we would bake all day. We'd get out recipe books & pick out everything we were going to bake while I got to stay with her. Then we'd get to go into town and grocery shop for whatever we needed. And we would bake & bake & bake. She had silly rules like - no licking your fingers & everything needed to be measured just perfectly, but we'd always get to lick the spoon or spatula when we were done. And she was good, like really good... and we would sit together in front of the stove and watch the cookies rise... Thanks Lauren for bringing back these wonderful memories of my grandma - Oh how I miss her!

Here is Lauren working away - very focused!
note - Maddie in the background always waiting for an opportunity to catch a drop of food...
and a picture of my grandma simply because she was beautiful in so many ways!

And a couple pics of the kids playing yesterday - I got my new iphone - love the new camera on it! So fun & now I have no excuses for having no photos to post :) 

 Happy Friday!






1 comment:

  1. awww...love Gma Wulfekuhle! I made glazed carrots last night and Brian commented on how those always remind him of grandma too :)

    ReplyDelete