Saturday, January 14, 2012

Just some stuff...

I've been asking myself what have I been doing since we got home from New Year's? It's been 13 days and really I haven't accomplished much. Not even a couple blog posts... Is the house clean? no. Was I working on getting year end numbers & taxes finished? no. I'm not sure where the last couple of weeks have gone but they have gone and fast. I haven't touched my office except to send out a couple of after holiday orders - I should take a picture - you'd be appalled... Thank goodness it is not a room we have to walk by often & Curt has been really good about not commenting on the fact it looks like a tornado has gone through that room... 

When I think about it we have been detoxing.. majorly like I don't know who's kids we brought home after Christmas - I love them don't get me wrong, but I don't know where they came from - really. But we're on the mend & we're having so much fun playing with all of our new toys

'say cheese Lauren!'

Playing dress up - yes... Jack is dressed up too - 
I think he's going to be a great big brother to his little sisters! 

The kitchen has been bitter sweet - lots of giggles and lots of tears - the red and white glove (that Jack is wearing is the cause of many fights!) 


The bow and arrow has been a hit - we have targets randomly on the walls. Curt and Jack like to hide in the jungle (aka the chair) and behind walls sneaking up on different targets - I just love seeing the inner child of Curt coming out. I mean we all know that Curt is a kid at heart but it is so fun to watch him and Jack play together!

Lauren is learning to sleep in a big girl bed. It started out great (for a couple days) Now she insists on pulling everything out of her drawers and piling them in bed with her, with the lights on, then goes to sleep. The last few nights she hasn't stopped partying in her room until 10:30 - we're about to take down the lights so she can't turn them on. She doesn't cry much - just plays.. any recommendations? we're open!

Jack has been practicing changing diapers - weird? maybe a little. But he told us he was practicing for when his little sister gets here - he had the scotch tape out and everything! He is very excited for another little sister - I hope he is that excited when she actually arrives! 

We spent a lot of time soaking up the warm weather earlier this week. We love watching our neighbor's chickens. 


Maddie found a mud puddle and was in heaven - who would think January puddle jumping?!




That's all for now - Happy Saturday!




3 comments:

  1. your kids are so cute. i love lauren's hat in the last picture. i am sure they will both be big helpers when samantha joins your family:) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren looks like she is about 5!!!!!! Love all the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such great kids!! Love them!

    ReplyDelete