Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas - Part 2

Part 2 takes place in Iowa and begins with a flashback to my early 20's. It was called something like 'christmakwanzapalooza' or something whacky like that. Kelly's brother Cannon organizes the bus & route around the area... Brett & his friends were all there and then there was - the over 30 crowd. They stuck us on the front of the bus & insisted on us doing Jello shots... not really a good idea - though I will admit we all had a great time!


I recovered and we spent the day at the new 'cabin', 'cottage', 'ponderosa' - Only time will tell this home's name but it is perfect and we had so much fun just hanging out together here. 


The boys created a sledding chute.


Curt takes these things very seriously. There are days I truly believe he's a 10 year old trapped in a 34 year olds body. And he tells me I'm a 50 year old trapped in a 32 years old body. I guess that's why we're good for each other! 

warming up!

And there were a few presents to be opened of course. I didn't take any other pictures inside... it's cozy, warm & has my mom's creative touches & pieces of Grandpa's cabin all over it. It's perfect and 'lovely'!
 

Then we just spent time hanging out at mom and dad's together - these kids always have a blast when they're together. Look at how well behaved all 5 children are.. oh wait we bribed them with opening their gifts after the picture :) poor Reese didn't get the memo about the striped shirt - sorry Reese! (I'm kidding, it wasn't planned)

I just love these smiles!

and here are some Christmas Eve photos. I had a wonderful birthday - slept in, went to the gym with dad, got treated to a coffee from 'Em's', went to church with our family, opened presents & ate angel food cake - it was perfect as always. I just love having a birthday on Christmas Eve - I am always surrounded by people I love and the spirit of Christmas is always in the air. I am blessed!




Then there were presents from Uncle Brett after church of course. Lauren got a cat piano that plays different notes of 'meow, meow, meow, meow...' you get the hint and there is a microphone - thank you Uncle Brett! 

and we ended with another night at the Cottage with Grandma and Grandpa before we had to leave on Wednesday. 


We love you and had a wonderful Christmas. Thank you for everything Grandma and Grandpa! 

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good time. We love having you all around. It makes my heart smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post and the pictures of your great family!

    ReplyDelete