Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Dear Santa,





Dear Santa, 
I hope this letter finds you well! My name is Jackson and I want to say I am sorry for talking back, to where I am not doing that anymore, cause I am nice!

My name is Lauren and I want to say I am sorry for biting everyone in my family to where I am not doing that anymore, cause I am nice!!

Jackson wants a snowblower and a picture of handsome decorations. Lauren wants a snowblower and 2 pictures. And Elaina would like a toy monkey.

Merry Christmas Santa, travel safe! 
Jackson, Lauren & Elaina

So, I never knew letters to Santa had to be prefaced by a confession... but daddy helped the kids write letters. I had to sit in the other room because I could not contain my laughter. The whole scene at the kitchen table was pretty much hilarious!

We went downtown yesterday, visited Santa & had lunch with Curt. I'm glad to see Santa smiled for our picture because he was kind of a grumpy Santa, he looks the part but not sure his personality was quite right for the part. Our conversation with Santa went like this: 

Santa to Jackson - 'what do you want?' 
Jackson - 'a snowblower'
Santa to Elaina - 'what do you want? a pacifier? ok'
Santa to Lauren - 'what do you want?'
Lauren to me - 'I am not talking to him'

and that was the end of our conversation with Santa - short, sweet, no tears were shed, a $14 5x7 photo was captured - mission accomplished. 

Santa will be visiting our house tomorrow morning since we are starting our travels early... as of now there is no snowblower, no pictures and no toy monkeys set to arrive... anyone know where to find a toy snowblower and what is a 'picture of handsome decorations'...


5 comments:

  1. too funny! I googled it for you...and found nothing! And thanks for the reminder....Santa Letters! See you should get mother of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack is hilarious...handsome decorations? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha... your kids as of late seem extremely entertaining! Maybe Jack meant in lieu of all the "pretty" decorations that you make? Too funny...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sums it all up perfectly! Too funny. Do you think handsome decorations are more boyish type wall decor for his room??

    ReplyDelete
  5. To funny! Jackson really is into the decorations for his room. These kids are too funny! Hope you made it back safely!

    ReplyDelete