Thursday, October 27, 2011

Kicking off Halloween

So I have to say Halloween is not necessarily my favorite holiday... not sure why, I just don't get too excited for it. And coming up with outfits for the kids just seems like another chore - I still don't have them yet :( I have ideas but we still have to get out and put them together! But today I have to admit it was fun to see the kids get sooo excited to paint their pumpkins. We picked them out earlier this week at the store & Jack has been asking daily when he gets to paint them - today was the day! 

As soon as he got up from his nap we had to go 'set up' our work station. You can just see the anticipation and excitement coming out of him in this picture.




We had to be patient and wait for Lauren to wake up. And when she did she was just as excited! Maybe this holiday isn't so bad. 


the artist hard at work

After awhile I decided I would just let them paint away. They were being so good and having so much fun together I thought I'd go in and start supper... and I came back to this. I was informed by Jack that he and Lauren really liked the way it looks when they pour it on and use their hands. I'm a bit of a sucker when it comes to this sort of playing - I just love their innocence and exploration - though messy - I love it! 

I think Lauren is wondering if she's going to get in trouble... yes, these days she is usually getting in trouble!

hard at work.

I sure hope the 'washable' paint is washable - happy early Halloween!





6 comments:

  1. cute! I hope for your sake it's washable as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them! So fun! Where did you get that paint? Fun to just let them 'have at it'! lol Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!! Such a fun mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable :) and yes, the washable paint is washable :) just have to get to it right away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reese has requested to come live at your house.... she thinks that looks like way more fun then the way that I let her paint :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. well the clothes are still in a pile.. so we shall see how clean they come :) We'll take Miss Reese any time! Jennifer - I just used Crayola washable paint - I need to bring the pumpkins inside or it's all going to wash off with the first rain we have!

    ReplyDelete