Monday, October 31, 2011

Trick or Treat

So, I have learned costumes go on right before leaving... I don't know how many times Lauren undressed herself as I turned my back to do something.... but we got a picture as we were walking out the door. Yes, this is her new smile 'cheeeeeeese' I'm not sure why anyone ever thought 'cheese' should be the word for smile, because it doesn't necessarily make anyone smile but make this goofy face instead. Whatever. 

Jack wasn't much into getting 'dressed' up for Halloween. Last week when I asked him what he'd like to be he informed me he'd like to be 'Halloween Jack' and what does that look like I asked? 'It looks just like me now.' He didn't want anything to do with capes or extravagant costumes.. So a rocker he was. Though after tonight I'm pretty sure he will dress up however I want him to, because he was in absolute heaven running door to door getting candy at every stop. His bucket was overflowing by the time we were finished. (I think I may have to throw 3/4 of the candy away in a day or two - after I pick out all of the Reese's peanut butter cups, Whoppers & Almond Joys of course!) 

And this was the best picture I could muster up of my two rockers. They were pretty pumped to head out & they did great. Lauren was daddy's girl all night (I'm pretty sure because they lagged behind and snuck into the candy early) And Jack was Kaleb's buddy leading the pack from door to door. 

And I managed to get a photo of me and my princess! 


Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

  1. Love this! I ate all the kids' Reese's Peanut Butter Cups tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NIce costumes Al! They turned out adorable! And Lauren's cheese face is a prefect rocker face, sass and al! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids are awesome "rockstars" If Miss Lauren wants to be a Hawkeye Fairy next year...she can so borrow Kreighton's costume ;)

    ReplyDelete